Sunday, November 20, 2005

Black Friday Deals Exposed in Advance

I was never much of a black friday enthusiast, until now.

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and is the biggest shopping day of the year. It's called "black" because some retailers get out of the red and into the black in terms of profits on this day.

Many retailers have their best deals of the year on this day. Most of them like to keep their special deals secret until the actual day, presumably to reduce consumer comparison shopping which reduces cutthroat competition between the retailers.

But now there's a way to find out what the deals are in advance! The New York Times had an article yesterday listing 3 websites that reveal the deals, and in some cases the actual advertising flyers well before the day arrives.

Click here for a list of the three websites.


I'm excited about black friday now that I know where the awesome deals are and don't have to drive to multiple stores to take my chances. I plan to be at the stores that have what I want when they open on black Friday morning and for the first time, I'm going to part of the insane shopping crowd on that day.

1 Comments:

At 11/28/2008 02:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info, i'm going to check out the deals now

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home